COVID19 Safety Alert
Skip to main content

Infertility Treatments Specialist

The Fertility & Gynecology Center - Monterey Bay IVF

Edward J. Ramirez, MD, FACOG

Infertility & Fertility Preservation Specialist & General Gynecology & Minimally Invasive Surgery located in Monterey, CA

When you try and fail to conceive a child, each month can bring you another disappointment and loss of hope. Infertility treatments at The Fertility & Gynecology Center - Monterey Bay IVF in Monterey, California, restore your confidence and increase your chances of carrying a beautiful, healthy baby to term. Founder Edward Ramirez, MD, FACOG, and his offer a variety of infertility treatments and assisted reproductive technologies (ART), including intrauterine insemination (IUS) and in vitro fertilization (IVF). Contact The Fertility & Gynecology Center - Monterey Bay IVF by phone or book online today.

Infertility Treatments Q & A

Why am I infertile?

If you’ve been trying to get pregnant with regular, unprotected sex for at least a year and are under 35, or for six months and you’re over 35, you’re infertile. Dr. Ramirez doesn’t believe in using the term “unexplained infertility.” He takes the time to test and examine both you and your partner thoroughly to determine if your problems with conception are caused by:

  • Failure to release an egg
  • Too few eggs
  • Hormonal imbalances
  • Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
  • Endometriosis
  • Uterine fibroids or other growths
  • Blocked fallopian tubes
  • Sperm abnormalities

Once he’s uncovered the source of your problems, he designs your infertility treatments.

What are infertility treatments?

Based on you and your partner’s test results, Dr. Ramirez may recommend infertility treatments and assisted reproductive technologies (ART), such as: 

Ovulation induction

If you have PCOS or another condition, you may not release an egg during your menstrual cycle. Dr. Ramirez may recommend oral or injectable fertility drugs that stimulate high-quality egg production and ovulation. He carefully doses your medication so that you don’t produce too many eggs.

Intrauterine insemination

With intrauterine insemination (IUS), your doctor injects your partner’s or donor’s sperm directly into your uterus. You may need IUS if you have PCOS or mild endometriosis, if your partner has a low sperm count, or if you don’t have a male partner. Using fertility drugs with IUS increases your chances of conception.

Microscopic tubal reconstruction

If you had your tubes tied as birth control, but now wish to become pregnant, you could benefit from the surgical reconstruction of your fallopian tubes. However, your chances of pregnancy after the procedure range from 10%-80%, while your chance of a dangerous ectopic pregnancy rises to 20%. In vitro fertilization (IVF), your doctor bypasses the tubes.

With IVF, your doctor removes your eggs from your body. Your doctor fertilizes the eggs with your partner’s or a donor’s sperm in the lab. Once healthy embryos form, Dr. Ramirez implants them directly into your uterus. Over the past 50 years, more than five million babies around the world have been born as a result of IVF.

Don’t give up hope for the family of your dreams. Contact The Fertility & Gynecology Center - Monterey Bay IVF by phone or schedule online today to set up a fertility evaluation and treatment.