Infertility Treatment Costs
Infertility treatment can be a very emotional and financially stressful experience. The staff at the Fertility and Gynecology Center realizes this and has made an effort to control the cost of infertility treatment. Oftentimes couples are scared off by media reports of how expensive it is to undergo in vitro fertilization. What they do not realize is that the majority of couples will become pregnant using less expensive technologies such as intrauterine insemination or through medical treatment of conditions such as ovulatory disorders, all of which Dr. Ramirez is highly qualified to treat and has achieved excellent results. Patients only qualify for IVF after a long and comprehensive evaluation by Dr. Ramirez.
Studies have demonstrated that treatment by a fertility specialist is the most effective means of diagnosing and treating infertility. Our staff has had over 18 years of experience in this field and understands the needs of the infertility patient. Our financial counselor, Melissa Magno, is ready to discuss your options, check with your insurance and bill out if necessary. One of our goals is to make sure patients are fully informed about cost and therapy options. The fees listed below are effective July 1, 2016 and are subject to change.
**For information on our Military Discount, see below.
These are some of the lending institutions that have infertility loan plans. You may need to provide an identification number to access the site, which our financial counselor can provide you. (If links do not work, try launching in Google Chrome)
In Vitro Fertilization – Single Cycle – $9,489.00
- Clinical monitoring including ultrasound
- Egg Retrieval
- Procedure Room Fee
- Embryology Laboratory Procedures Involving In Vitro Fertilization
- Embryo Transfer
- Extra Charge: Egg/Embryo micromanipulation (ICSI, Assisted Hatching)
IVF Using Egg Donor from our Program – $14,650.00
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection -$1,860.00 (ICSI) (Sperm Injection)
Used for male factor and age related infertility
Assisted Hatching- $805.00
Pre-Implantation Genetics Diagnosis (PGD) – $2000.00
Testing of embryos for genetic abnormalities (includes testing of all available embryos)
**A portion of this fee is non-refundable once the services have been initiated.
Frozen/Thawed Embryo Transfer Cycle – $3,000.00
- Determination of Appropriate Hormonal Preparation Protocol (Based on Results from Previous Tests or IVF Cycles)
- Clinical Monitoring including Ultrasound Examination.
- Laboratory Procedures Involving the Thawing and Processing of Frozen Embryos.
- Directions for Performing Progesterone Injections.
- Post Embryo Transfer Management.
All Office Visits and Procedures Before Beginning Medications (Pre-Cycle Work Up)
- Pre-cycle blood test and cultures, office visits, hysteroscopy or pre-op lab work.
- Cost of fertility drugs or any additional pharmaceuticals necessary to promote implantation and/or support the ongoing pregnancy. (Estimated $2,500. – $6500. Age and ovarian response are factors.)
- Storage of frozen embryos ($600.00/year)
- Obstetric ultrasound examinations
- In-Cycle Blood Tests
- All other medical services that may be required, including, but not limited to, prenatal care, obstetric services and pediatric or newborn care.
- Anesthesia Fee $690 per cycle.
Embryo Storage Fee – $600.00/year
After you have completed your IVF (in vitro fertilization) treatment and you may have embryos remaining. At this time you may want to store your embryos for possible future use. With the rapid advances in reproductive medicine, cryopreserved or frozen embryos can potentially remain viable for an indefinite period of time.
A non-refundable deposit of $500.00 is required at the time of enrollment into the IVF cycle. Payment of ½ of balance required 8 weeks prior to fertility drugs start date and the remainder due 4 weeks before start of medication. Payment accepted by check, Visa, Mastercard, American Express or other arrangements as specified.
Monterey Bay IVF proudly offers a military discount to our active duty and active reserve duty for the treatment of IVF when insurances do not cover the procedure. The discounted fee covers the IVF retrieval, culture and fertilization of eggs as well as the embryo transfer. The following options are not included in the discounted fee: Anesthesia, ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection), Embryo Freezing and storage, Sperm Freezing and storage, Sperm ID for Testicular Aspiration, PGD (Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis) or PGS (Pre-implantation Genetic Screening).